Civic + Public Space
The masterplan features a primary civic spine along the north connected to the university and the lake framed by active uses. The spine is policed with landscape and water features to provide a comfortable microclimatic.
- Serves as a central space for community life.
- Primary link (pedestrian, light rail and vehicular) through the civic centre to the university.
- Connecting key spaces and precincts – The World Trade Centre Hub, The Market Place, The Cultural and Education Precinct, the railway station, Bringelly Creek and The University of Sydney Campus.
- Public/installation art
- Light rail, pedestrian and vehicular link
- Multi-nodal transport hub at the economic/ World Trade Centre Hub connecting all three cities of Sydney.
- Internal Light Rail network connecting WTC with University, and future developments East of site.
- Network to support alternative energy vehicles
- Metro Rail network through Airport, Aerotropolis, and WTC.